Jared has completed series of multiple Nuzlocke challenges. He began the Nuzlocke challenge as he thought it would be an interesting challenge. The Nuzlocke series is one of Jared's most popular series, and bought fame to Jared's most popular Pokémon series.
What is a Nuzlocke? Edit
A Nuzlocke is a playthrough of a Pokémon game with several self-imposed rules. The standard Nuzlocke rules are:
- Only the first Pokémon on any route can be caught. If that Pokémon is knocked out or it runs away etc, no Pokémon are caught on that route.
- If a Pokémon in the party faints, they are considered dead and are to be released (some people permanently box them however).
- Most people consider a game over to be when a white/black out occurs. When all Pokémon in a party have fainted the game is over, even if there are other Pokémon still in boxes.
- All Pokémon must be named.
- Jared also used the duplicates clause - if Jared has already caught the first Pokémon in a route, he can't catch it again and must continue until a new Pokémon is found.
- In the FireRed Nuzlocke, Jared uses the game crash clause - TWICE!. If the game crashes due to no fault to the player, the player may continue from the last save point as if nothing had happened. Only the first crash was seen in an episode. The second was seen on the Twitch stream, and if it didn't occur, Nuptup would have died!
As of the Pokémon Y nuzlocke, the following rules were put in place:
- No healing items in battles whatsoever. Healing moves are acceptable.
- The game is to be play blindly. This means that Jared has not played the game before, and in Y's case, knows very little about the new mechanics and typing's.
Jared's Pokémon Edit
This section lists Jared's most famous Pokémon.
Full list of all Pokémon is here.